How to Install Our Lightroom Polished Presets (Brushes)
First off, thank you for your purchase of our "Polished" Lightroom Presets. If you need some help installing them, this will walk you through the process. Please note, these do NOT install the same way as other "develop" presets.
If you've been trying to install them and get an error message like this (below) then it means you are trying to import them like other develop presets and not the correct way - for local adjustment brush presets. Read on...
Here's a video walking you through the installation process:
If you prefer written instructions:
1. Go into Lightroom and click on Edit at the top (next to File).
2. Go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. There will be a new screen that pulls up. There will be six tabs at the top, click on Presets (second tab).
4. Click on the box titled, Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
5. Double click on Lightroom.
6. Next double click on Local Adjustment Presets Folder.
7. Copy the contents of the Polished Presets, found in your download, into the “Local Adjustment Presets” folder. *(see notes below if you do not have a local adjustments presets folder)
8. You are done! If Lightroom was open when you copied the Polished Presets (.lrtemplate files), you will have to close it and restart it.
2. Click on the drop-down next to "effect" - that is where they will be once installed correctly.
The steps below can help you if you can't find the "Local Adjustment Presets" folder.
1. Open LR - click on the Develop tab
2. Click on the Brush icon
3. Open > Preferences
4. Click on “Restore Local Adjustments Presets” to reset it; exit LR
5. Re-open LR > Preferences > Show Lightroom Presets Folder
More info can be found on this thread here: https://forums.adobe.
If you've tried each and every step above and still are having troubles, contact us and provide us with detailed info including your Lightroom version and screenshots of whatever error you are getting so we can do our best to assist.